- Be honest- If there are flaws say so.
- Don’t rip them apart, but be honest.
- If it’s substandard, they won’t bother.
- Opinions aren’t accurate.
- Start with a leading statement.
- Don’t get caught o in details.
- don’t get carried away with details, you have very little space.
- you don’t have to read EVERY WORD.
- Reviews pay lousy. they pay $30.00-$40.00 each. Sometimes they’re worth it!
- Strike a balance.
- Previous relationships are important on reviews. Example if you did one for Quill and Pen, that will give you an in to do another one especially if you did a terrific review. Read he magazines you write for. If you want to write for National Geographic, read it! If you want to write for Charisma, read it- etc.
- Query the magazine on what to say- what are they looking for? Will they want a favorable write- up or will they want your opinion? What kind of material do they cover? For example, if you’re Catholic and the magazine is Pentecostal, you better have a knowledge of what their spiritual teachings are.
- Look to see who does reviews.
- Comment notice of reviews or whatever you want to write.
- Magazines want reviews a few months ahead of time.
- reviews- Filler/sidebar- Not exactly. It depends on the magazine.
- Overall purpose? e.g., Charisma Magazine Lee Vor Assistant editor. Main editor Lee Grady
- Novice reviews- www.movieguide.com, www.crosswalk.com
- Weblogs- reviews.
- How long 5-6 months earlier.
- Good books to red for free.
- Stick to 200 word count if possible.
- Interview author later for newsletter.
Daily Archives: December 18, 2010
New Chairman of House Homeland Security Committee will focus on TERRORISM in the MUSLIM COMMUNITY (via Bare Naked Islam's Weblog)
Let’s do some serious investigation on this- INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE BEING THREATENED AND SO IS THE POLITICAL FREEDOM IN THIS COUNTRY!
DON’T BUY THIS! IT’S NWO CRAP!
You gotta see this book!
Grab a cup of hot chocolate (in a spill proof cup) and a Bible, you’re gonna need it! If you don’t have one: Here ya go:
COMMISSION INTERIM REPORT
Go here too, you’re gonna need it to survive physically.
This is not about fear, it’s about PREPARING FOR THE FUTURE EVEN THE NEAR FUTURE J.I.C. (Just In Case) this gets rough. Do it soon!
SHRIMP IS NON-KOSHER ANYWAY-WHY ARE YOU EATING IT? IT’S LIKE EATING A CAKE OF CLOROX OR DRINKING DRANO, IT’LL KILL YOU! DON’T EAT IT AT ALL FOR ANY REASON!