THE WAY OF THE PROPHETIC PRAYER WARRIOR
This is the introductory entry for this web log and there are some things that I need to address: Prayer is a key ingredient to the life of the Christian and how we approach te Lord is important. I will say this- there is a right and wrong way to do this. I’m not going to get weird about this either. Here’s a good example of what prayer is not:
- Controlling- Like praying that will do something against a person’s will
- Always formulaic e.g. a written prayer, a politically correct prayer that leaves out the name of Jesus out etc.
- Praying to other deities other than Jesus Christ.
- Praying that He will do something YOU WANT that is not in the will of God.
- Praying that God will harm somebody. God is loving and merciful.
There aer different types of prayer:
- Intercession- Where you pray for somebody
- Supplication-Where you make a request
- Adoration- Where you’re just crazy about Jesus. E.g. Hallelujah to Jesus!Thanksgiving
- Praying in the Holy Spirit
I could go on and give you all this “technical jargon, but I heard something tonight that pretty much says it all and here it is:
If you are wondering what this is it’s Jim Cymbala’s testimony about his daughter and how prayer literally and spiritually pulled her away from a rebellious lifestyle. WOW!